What is melatonin and what does it do?
Melatonin is a hormone made by a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Very small amounts of it are found in foods. You can also buy it as a supplement to treat jet lag or sleep problems.
Your body has its own internal clock that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. In part, your body clock controls how much melatonin your body makes. Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid-evening and remain high for most of the night and then drop in the early morning hours.
Light affects how much melatonin your body produces. During the shorter days of the winter months, your body may produce melatonin either earlier or later in the day than usual. This change can lead to symptoms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), or winter depression.
Natural melatonin levels slowly drop with age. Some older adults make very small amounts of it or none.
Scientists are also looking at other good uses for melatonin, such as:
- Treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Helping to control sleep patterns for people who work night shifts.
- Preventing or reducing problems with sleeping and confusion after surgery.
- Reducing chronic cluster headaches.
Is taking a melatonin dietary supplement safe?
In most cases, melatonin supplements are safe in low doses for short-term and long-term use. But be sure to talk with your doctor about taking them.
Children and pregnant or nursing women should not take melatonin without talking to a doctor first.
Root King Sleep Tight Softgel
Root King Sleep Tight Softgel contains melatonin and lecithin. It helps to regulate sleep and wake cycles. It is extracted from plants and is suitable for daily and long-term use. Melatonin is also secreted by the pineal gland; a pea-sized gland located just above the middle of the brain and contributes to the sleep-wake cycle. They were known as the “sleep hormone.”
FOR MEN & WOMEN.
- Jet lag, insomnia
- Restless mind
- Body not producing sufficient melatonin; impairments of day & night time function.
- Treat jet lag, trouble sleeping.
- Promote a good mood & rest.
- Body not producing sufficient melatonin.
- Impairments of the day & nighttime function.
- Regulate normal sleep patterns, relieve stress.
- Also suitable for sleep for the elderly.
- Adjust sleep schedule in people that do shift work.
Ingredients: Melatonin, Lecithin
How to use: Take 1 softgel 30 minutes before sleep. Not suitable for Diabetes & High blood user
Packing size: 60 + 20 softgels.
*your results may vary.