What is Prostate?
The prostate is a small gland located in front of the rectum and just below the bladder (where the urine is stored). The prostate also surrounds the urethra, the canal which urine passes out of the body from the bladder to the penis. The gland is composed of two lobes enclosed by an outer layer of tissue. It is comprised of secreting glands, but a mass of muscle and connective tissue which is vital for proper bladder operation and urine flow-rate control. One of the main roles is to make the milky seminal fluid into the urethra as sperm when out of the urethra.
The prostate also provides the power to expel this fluid through your penis during sexual climax. (If you remember your biology, your testes manufacture spermatozoa which is then stored in the epididymis. During orgasm, the vas deferens pushes the sperm into the urethra.). When orgasm and ejaculation occur, the semen in which spermatozoa travel out of the body is almost 90% driven by the prostate.
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)/Prostate Enlargement
An enlarged prostate is very common in men over the age of about 50. Not all men with an enlarged prostate get symptoms. But as the prostate grows, it can press on the outside of the urethra, causing the urethra to become narrow. This can slow down or sometimes even stop the flow of urine when you try to urinate.
What Causes Enlarged Prostate?
- Age – Your risk of having an enlarged prostate increases as you get older. Many men aged 50 or over have an enlarged prostate, but they don’t all get symptoms. And some men have symptoms that don’t bother them.
- Hormone levels – The balance of hormones (estrogen and testosterone) in your body changes as you get older. This may cause your prostate to grow.
- Other factors – Some studies show that obese men and men who have diabetes may be more likely to develop an enlarged prostate. Regular exercise may help to reduce your risk of urinary symptoms. But we still need more studies into the causes of enlarged prostate to know for certain if, and how, we can prevent it.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms of An Enlarged Prostate?
An enlarged prostate is the most common cause of urinary problems in men as they get older. Possible symptoms include:
- a weak flow when you urinate
- a feeling that your bladder hasn’t emptied properly
- difficulty starting to urinate
- dribbling urine after you finish urinating
- needing to urinate more often, especially at night
- a sudden urge to urinate – you may sometimes leak before you get to the toilet.
You may not get all of these symptoms, and some men with an enlarged prostate don’t get any symptoms at all. These symptoms can also be caused by other things, such as cold weather, anxiety, other health problems, lifestyle factors, and some medicines. Blood in your urine may be a symptom of an enlarged prostate. But this is rare and is usually caused by something else.
How Might An Enlarged Prostate Affect Your Life?
Having an enlarged prostate affects men in different ways. Some men can manage mild symptoms and don’t need treatment. Other men find they need to stay near a toilet. This can make it difficult to work, drive, be outdoors and attend social events. If you need the toilet a lot during the night, this can affect your sleep and make you feel more tired during the day.
Some men with an enlarged prostate find their symptoms improve over time without treatment. But for most, the symptoms will stay the same or slowly start to cause more problems over time unless they have treatment.
Vitroman Prostate Care 1
As men get older with age, they are more susceptible to the risk of developing prostate cancer. Prostate enlargement is a condition that happens to most men as they get older and an enlarged prostate would cause urination and bladder problem. Saw Palmetto, a herbal remedy, is known to be beneficial in reducing the risk of contracting Prostate Cancer among men.
Why Vitroman Prostate Care 1?
Vitroman Prostate Care 1 is men’s first step towards a healthy prostate. It is made of pure plant ingredients which help support prostate and urinary health in men.
Each capsule contains Saw Palmetto, Morinda Citrifolia, Pygeum Africanum, Cushaw Seed, Tomato & Stinging Nettle. Using hi-tech extraction technology to obtain a higher active composition and accelerate absorption more quickly into the body.
Who Should Use This?
Men. Frequent small urination, leakage, weak urinary stream, dribble, hesitancy, and incomplete bladder emptying problems. Jobs require sitting for prolonged hours, for example desk job and driving.
How To Use:
Take 2 to 3 times daily, 1 to 2 capsules each time. User taking medication should consult their doctor before consuming. Regular intake for health benefits.